Thursday, May 1, 2008

I Don't Give A Bleep About- Caller ID

Caller ID

Caller ID is available to almost anyone. It basically the ability to transmit a caller's number to the called party's telephone equipment during the ringing signal. This can provide a name associated with the calling telephone number. The information can then be available on a telephone display or a separate device.


Remember the days when we didn't have caller Id, and people actually "answered their calls?" Well, thanks to our dear telemarketers we have had to implement this much needed device. How many of us go through the day where we get solicited for products numerous times.

I am not going to lie though I use my caller ID on my friends too. I don't have it on my cell phone, but I do have it on my home phone. Yes, sometimes I have some folks (generally it is one specific one-he knows who he is) who I just ignore, until I can deal with answering him. No, seriously he is so annoying.

I know some folks are against phone screening, but sometimes it is really necessary.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you, brother. I prefer profanity, followed by pointing out that I'm on the federal Do Not Call register, which is about as effective as a restraining order against a raving maniac.

Anonymous said...

Can't do it. I need the feeling of wonder when I pick up the phone. I think I'm a little mad, because I really hate those telemarketers.

HeyShae! said...

Don't feel bad (although you probably don't give a BLEEP anyway), I use it as my assistant. I let the caller id take all calls and I return them at will.

Unknown said...

I love my caller ID, telemarketers are getting smarter though, with unknown numbers or now with just all zeros (I still don't answer!!).

Anonymous said...

I'm not against it. I'm all for caller ID. I love that it pops up on my t.v. so I don't even have to get up to go look at the phone.