Monday, May 5, 2008

I Don't Give a Bleep About-Cinco De Mayo

cinco de mayo

Why did my co worker take off today because she is "extending" her celebration of Cinco De Mayo? what? Since I have Latino in my family ancestry I understand the importance of recognizing ones history, but why is my Jewish (New York City born) co worker taking a day off to celebate a Mexican commemoration day?

Well according to VivaCincodeMayo.com, "Mexico declared its independence from Span on midnight, September 15th 1810. However on May 5th 1862 4,000 Mexican Soldiers smashed the French and traitor Mexican army of 8,000 at Puebla Mexico."The site states the Mexican soldiers in gratitude for the supplies by the American Army, they crossed the border and many joined the United States Armed Forces (after Pearl Harbor), to fight for the continued freedom of America.

Okay, so let me get this straight, we celebrate Cinco de Mayo, but we patrol the borders of Mexico daily to make sure the folks picking the oranges, limes and other produce grown in America stay out. huh?


HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO


Now do you see why I don't give a bleep? Hypocrisy is not a good thing to exhibit.


VIVA DE REVOLUTION!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never knew that... or don't remember that they joined our army to help fight. I wonder how many people know that.

Anonymous said...

Politics is a crazy thing, but don't get me started or you'll never hear the end of how the English keep us Scots from our destiny.