Thursday, March 20, 2008

I Don't Give A Bleep About-Easter


I know I am going to catch a case for this comment, but Easter has just become too commercial. I grew up and Easter was about the celebration of Christ. We went to church, the Pastor had the children school participate in the egg hunt, it was a celebration of life.

You didn't see Easter baskets in December. What the hell is that about? Easter was about family. I loved to see the Easter Parade on the television. As I have gotten older and my children are grown, I don't feel like leaving my house 2 hours early just to get a seat at church. I feel Easter has become this big hypocritic scene. I just am not feeling it, even the Easter Bunny in the Mall is starting to look like could care less about Easter too. Since when did parents compete to give Easter presents (not baskets), I mean huge Christmas like gifts to kids.

1 comment:

survivor said...

Easter is a wonderful holiday, so I don't want anyone to think I am biased against Easter. It is just the commercial aspect of it that irks me.